BSP5015 – Creativity and Innovation Management /2014-2015
You are required to analyse the following statement and discuss the elements which can be used to encourage or discourage creativity within an organisation. Write up your findings in the form of an essay of no more than 3000 words with a 10% variation either way.
‘’As many organisations shift their focus from production to knowledge work they are increasingly dependent on the creativity of their employees to establish and maintain a competitive advantage’ (Caniels, Stobbeleir and Clippeleer 2014:96).
The challenge of this assignment is to decide on what you include; attempts to précis all the lecture material are likely to gain fewer marks than a more selective but well presented discussion. You should read around the topics and draw from a range of supplementary material (textbooks, articles etc).
Marks will be awarded for;
1. Introduction of the key authors in the field of Creativity and adevelopment of the definition and scope of the term. (20%).
2. Inclusion of key aspects of the term such as personality, reward structures, team-working, leadership behaviours and organisational resources.(30%).
3. Evaluation of how the elements included in point 2 can be used to encourage or discourage creativity within an organisation. (30%)
4. Relevant examples throughout. (10%).
5. Appropriate rangeof academic references including correct use of the Harvard Referencing system. (10%).