Unit 5 Child and Adolescent assignment
This Assignment assesses the following course outcomes:
HN377-3: Design ethical interventions to serve children and adolescents.
GEL-1.1: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
You have noticed several schools in your community have been reporting failing scores and are struggling to engage students. In this Assignment you will be designing a new school to serve the children in your community. The design of the school will be based on what you have learned about the concept of multiple intelligences through your textbook and at least two additional sources. Your paper should be 3-4 pages long.
Concepts to address in your paper:
1. Compare and contrast traditional theories on intelligence with Garner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences.
2. Based on what you have learned about the theory of multiple intelligences, describe how students in your new school would be grouped.
3. List the subject areas that would be taught in your school and describe how learning would be assessed.
4. Describe how Gardner’s theory would help shape the layout of the school.
5. Explore the characteristics and strengths that the teaching staff should comprise.
While the text is your main source for this Assignment, you should use a minimum of two (2) other research articles from peer-reviewed journals that you found in the Kaplan Library. This Assignment should be written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English and should be between 3-4 pages long, not including the title page and the reference page. You are required to give credit to the sources you use, and to use proper APA formatting. Refer to the APA Quick Reference on Course Home, the Kaplan Writing Center, or your instructor for help with APA. Remember that all work must be your own and that plagiarism is not tolerated. Be sure to review the plagiarism policy in your Syllabus.
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
• Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
• In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 5: Assignment .
• In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your assignment.
• Click the “Add Attachments” button.
• Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
• To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
• Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted assignment.