The goal of this paper is to assess writing and communication skills. Additional material should be found to support the premise and read, analyze, and evaluate contemporary criminal justice issues related to the content of the course.
The following shall be address:
• Use APA in text citations with correct page numbers
• Describe and explain the concept of policing subculture.
• Explain how the policing subculture developed during the reform/professional era in policing.
• How does this subculture impact the ethics of the individual police officer?
• How does the subculture determine ethical boundaries that may be beyond the norm of society or beyond the official ethics of police or law enforcement agencies?
• Support all statements with reasons and references to scholarly literature. Give examples where appropriate.
Additional resources to be used shall be one of the resources shall be ;
Thomas, D. J. (2011). Professionalism in police: An introduction. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar, Cengage Learning.
Kelling, G. L., & Moore, M. H. (1988, November). The Evolving Strategy of Policing. [PDF File Size 564 KB] National Institute of Justice, US Department of Justice; Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Retrieved from https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/114213.pdf
Truman, J. L. (2011, September). Criminal Victimization, 2010. [PDF File Size 1.25 MB]U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, Department of Justice. Retrieved from https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv10.pdf